We’re all designers at Plaid. We are a multi-disciplinary team who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering, marketing, and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
Our team of generalists is looking for a User Researcher to help grow our research practice at Plaid. We need someone to help reveal what users need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring behaviors and motivations, and working with teams of designers, product managers, engineers, and others to help guide design initiatives. Help inspire inspire change in our organization by delivering exciting presentations about your findings. Most importantly, researchers help the UX team understand what makes a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, and even magical. Like all of our design jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers and cross-functional domain experts to constantly refine the Plaid design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
What excites you:
- The rapid pace at which we move from concept to concrete solution
- A design culture where talking to customers sits at the forefront of every project
- Close collaboration with engineering and business teams on all aspects product development
- Conducting independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Collecting and analyzing user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Working with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other function leads to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Understanding and incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research
- Advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
What excites us:
- Excellent communication, writing, and negotiation skills
- A strong penchant for utilizing user research to guide design decisions
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer)
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics). Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the design process (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Familiarity with Service design and the Jobs to be done Framework
- A love for designers and all things design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.