MobilizeAmerica is at a pivotal point in its growth. We’ve successfully proven our core product in the 2018 midterms, where we worked with 450+ campaigns (including 33 out of the 38 flipped Democratic House seats) and drove over 380,000 people to 750,000+ volunteer shifts. Now we are growing the team and investing to have the maximum possible impact in 2020 and beyond.
As a Senior Product Designer, the future of our product will lie in your hands. You’ll be responsible for turning highly complicated flows into beautiful, simple digital experiences that that will effectively rally progressive volunteers. You will work closely with our product managers, software engineers and other teams to craft a top-notch experience.
- Sketch and storyboard user flows to define key interactions
- Work with the product and executive teams to flush out product ideas into defined user experience
- Create pixel-perfect design mocks
- Know how to balance that pixel perfection with timely delivery of designs
- Be a good design partner to the engineering team, who will need your guidance and feedback to implement your designs
- Develop a design pattern library, so that designers and engineers can work from templates instead of creating from scratch every time.
- Create a design-focused culture at MobilizeAmerica, so every team understands, cares about and practices good design
- Get to know your users on both sides of the product — progressive organizations and their supporters
- Test prototypes and design explorations with actual users
We’re a small, early stage organization and are looking for someone excited to wear lots of hats. It’s fine if you’re less experienced doing some of these things, as long as you are open-minded and flexible!
- At least 5 years experience as a designer, and several years of UX/UI or product design experience on a professional software team
- Great balance of visual design skills with UX skills
- Proven experience building products that have scaled
- Amazing communication skills
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery and graphic elements
- Full knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Invision or other tools to produce mockups and prototypes
- Experience working with engineers to turn your designs into a real product
- A passion for empowering ordinary people for progressive causes. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact. At the end of the day, we’re here to help progressive organizations and campaigns to organize and win.
This position is based in New York City, so you should be here or able to relocate.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of volunteers across America that we exist to serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.