Head of Strategy’s Mission
Jam3 is a design and experience agency that partners with modern, global brands. As our new Head of Strategy you will be responsible for spearheading, refining and selling through our strategic practice. At Jam3 we generate smart, creative, forward-thinking solutions in the space between people and technology and so a large focus will be in finding unique ways to solve problems and engage consumers through emerging technology to increase positive brand sentiment or drive sales.
You’ll be part of an international team, comprised of some of the most talented makers, producers, and creative minds in the digital industry. These are people who aspire to architect the future of experience – imagining, creating and executing meaningful connections with people in innovative ways.
The strategy practice at Jam3 pulls from 3 major areas of influence—emerging technology, culture, and user behaviour. We’re looking for a creative, and strategic thinker with management and leadership experience who believes in an evidence-based approach to research, develop and validate plans for our clients. You’ll be advancing our strategic offering through innovation sprints, digital transformation, brand content strategy, and service design for our clients worldwide (including but not limited to Adidas, Facebook, Oculus, Google, Disney, Fox, Spotify, eBay, etc).
The Real Opportunity!
- As the leader of our Strategy & User Experience teams, you’ll continue to evolve the strategic practice at Jam3, taking steps to improve process and expand our strategic offerings to meet our clients’ changing needs. It’s a little thing we call ‘The Relentless Pursuit of Better’.
- As the head of a department, you will develop a vision for your department and implement plans for the recruitment, mentorship and management of strategists, UX designers, and researchers.
- One of your most significant contributions to Jam3 will be in developing an approach and POV to innovation consulting. You will continuously learn about consumer interests and business trends in innovation and provide thought leadership both internally and to clients.
- You will help reinforce Jam3’s profile as a design and experience thought leader by managing research studies and publishing in-depth thought pieces. You’ll need to be fluent speaking about innovation marketing, user experience design, digital production, and content.
- You may be asked to take on local or international speaking events as an ambassador of Jam3, experience presenting to a wide range of audiences will be a plus!
- Work with Resourcing on a per-project basis to assemble the best staff on projects based on skill & capabilities.
- You’ll be working in a dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment with a heavy focus on collaboration; actively seeking, welcoming and incorporating the insights and contributions of colleagues from different disciplines such as Creative, UX, Production and Development.
- Effectively adapt to changing work environments and remain flexible to changing technology and changing job demands.
- Working in tandem with Executive Producers, Creative Directors, and the Global Client Partner, you’ll develop and maintain strong, trusting relationships between clients, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation and execution.
- Lead and participate in new business pitches, leading strategy-based presentations and working with internal stakeholders to implement the approach and KPIs into a proposed production plan.
- Lead initial client engagements, ensuring we're surfacing the right metrics to inform and implement research, planning, execution, and post-project learnings. At times you’ll start with minimal client information, asking the right questions and using critical thinking to get down to what needs to be done.
- Provide research and analysis across our range of service and deliverable offerings. This includes: events and experience marketing programs; UX driven web experiences, AR, VR and other emerging platforms. The Head of Strategy will make strategic recommendations that take an empathetic perspective of user needs, client business problems, brand/creative/tech opportunities.
- Advocate for strategic literacy across the organization, working with internal stakeholders to codify and champion best practices.
- You are an excellent communicator and can express your thoughts clearly, accurately, and precisely both verbally and in writing. Coupled with good listening skills, you react appropriately while listening and understanding the views of others, always being open to feedback.
Be prepared to discuss things like:
- The path you took towards your MBA or MFA
- Your 10+ years of experience focused in human behaviour, business strategy and integrated marketing strategy; a mixture of creative agency and client-side experience preferred
- Your portfolio of work across industries and creative executions and the role you played in each production
- Your POV on design, innovation and digital transformation as it relates to brands.
- Leadership philosophies: what works, what doesn’t and your approach to inspiring greatness from your team, respect from your peers, and trophies from the industry
- Your strategic process and its evolution.
- What’s made you who you are and what motivates you to get up every day
- Industries you’ve spent time with, topics and trends that excite you
- Client successes, disasters and how you’ve navigated them
Jam3 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.