Ovyl · Remote / Nashville, TN
3 weeks ago
Ovyl is a product development firm working on an exciting range of consumer electronics, lifestyle products, and medical devices. We're currently expanding our team in Nashville, Tennessee to include another Industrial Designer.
You are compulsive about learning new things, even if you’re not sure when you will use the knowledge. You pride yourself on being a good question-asker which allows you to refine vague instructions until you have a clear direction. You are comfortable with using power tools, but you’re careful enough to not make all of us uncomfortable with you using them. You probably even keep up with Industrial Design trends and practice your craft in spare time. To you, making things and solving problems is the most fun you could have at work, and that’s why you are reading this now.
• Sketch design concepts that you or others have come up with
• Scrap together many quick mock-ups from all kinds of materials, especially 3D-printed ones.
• Make clients happy by understanding them, solving their problems, and keeping them engaged.
• Do real work on products that are meant to go into production.
• Design and assemble high-quality prototypes.
• Build CAD models using Onshape.
• Work closely with the Ovyl team.
• Provide excellent documentation for your designs from initial research to calculations to finished specifications for manufacturing.
• BA or MA in Industrial Design is preferred but not required
• Sketching and CAD skills are a must
• Long term, you can WFH or remote but you must be able to work on-site when needed