Phase2 is a digital product agency passionate about customer experience, grounded in data and insights, and rooted in 20 years of successful technology delivery. We make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact for the most influential companies in the world.
Are you ready to put your curiosity, imagination, and ideas to work?
Phase2 is looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our passionate and talented UX practice team. This self-starter will thrive in a highly collaborative and supportive culture that encourages creative and innovative thinking to create compelling digital experiences for our clients and their customers.
What you will do
- Work closely with practice leads and product managers to translate business goals and requirements into meaningful interactive experiences;
- Support the identification of user needs, preferences, and objectives by using qualitative and quantitative research and analysis;
- Creation of UX and Accessibility audits, journey maps, personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, UI specifications, use cases and prototypes;
- Effectively participate in and contribute to working sessions, stakeholder and user interviews, design reviews, and collaborative meetings;
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels and roles in the organization;
- Work effectively with distributed teams;
- Collaborate with a talented group of people across the strategy, creative and development practices;
- Provide UX consultation to project stakeholders and implementation teams;
- Must possess at least 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in UX with some of that time in an agency or consulting setting;
- Experience with conceptualizing and implementing digital design from ideation through implementation;
- Intensely organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and highly practical, with the ability to handle a wide variety of design challenges;
- Extensive understanding of user research, WCAG 2.0 Guidelines, UI Design, interaction design, and usability testing best practices;
- Must be able to articulate and follow user-centered design and product development processes but be willing to work outside the process to accomplish goals;
- Experience articulating and visualizing ideas to facilitate client understanding;
- Willingness and attitude to help find workable and pragmatic solutions;
- Intellectual curiosity with an interest in learning new technologies and techniques;
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team throughout a project’s life cycle;
- Must be willing and able to collaborate with analysts, content strategists, visual designers and product managers;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in working on multiple projects or tracks of work simultaneously;
- BA/BS/BFA degree and/or Training in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience;
- Must be passionate about all things UX
Nice to Have
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and concepts of web-based software development;
- Experience managing customer expectations and facilitating client interaction;
- Experience in Healthcare, Finance, Government;
- Knowledge of web-based solutions, including data-driven websites, portals, web services, content management systems (CMS), contact relationship management (CRM), e-commerce (EC), membership management and online community solutions.
Phase2 has an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a remote-first company, we are able to compete for the best talent, no matter where they live. Our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 160 employees in our Arlington, Virginia, New York, New York, Portland, Oregon, and “everywhere” offices.
We are dedicated to creating an environment of openness and engagement. Each member of our workforce can bring the fullest expression of themselves to work every day in order to best serve one another and our clients. We commit to keeping our workplace free from discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify.