True Link Financial logo
SF, NYC, REMOTE - IN US /PRODUCT /FULL TIME
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
We’re looking for an independent, collaborative designer who takes ownership of their work and is a passionate advocate for the user. You’ll be working across product areas at True Link and be heavily involved across the entire product development process - including partnering with product for early research, iterating and collaborating with the design team to find the right solution, making trade offs with engineering during hand off, and working with marketing on landing pages and other collateral.
You will be the second designer on our team, owning your projects from end-to-end but partnering closely with our Lead Product Designer to collaborate and share feedback on each other's designs. Whereas autonomy is critical to the success of this role, you’ll be mentored and encouraged to grow in your areas of interest.
At True Link, design is an equal owner of our product, collaborating closely with product, engineering and marketing to identify real problems and has freedom to explore innovative solutions that make an impact to our roadmap and business. Designers are expected to be scrappy and strategic, outcomes-oriented and data-curious. We are comfortable with taking big swings, because with a clearly articulated hypothesis we are able to learn and adjust as we get more data.
What You'll Do:
- Work with cross-functional partners, owning design for any given project from end to end including user flows, user testing, hand off, and marketing materials
- Collaborate with design to regularly share work, offer feedback on other designers work, build a design-driven culture, and push the bar for a high quality product
- Collaborate with product to iterate on process, product, and strategy
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in product design role at a tech, product or design-driven company
- Strong in both visual design and user experience
- Comfortable collaborating on product requirements
- User-centered, you keep the conversation focused around the users needs, motivations, pain points, feedback, etc
- You are hungry for more information to improve your understanding of the user
- Data curious, experience using data to drive decisions a plus
- Good communication skills, able to articulate design work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders
- Iterative and open-minded, willing to receive feedback to produce the best work possible
Why You'll Love Us:
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join us in our SF or NYC office when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
- Want to work remote longer-term? We also have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.