Credit Karma's mission is to champion financial progress for everyone. We have over 80 million US members and are now taking aim internationally.
We are investing heavily in the U.K. with big ambitions to serve British consumers and financial institutions. This is growing beyond the success of the International team for Canada, where in just 12 months we’ve grown Credit Karma to be the country's #1 destination for free access to credit information and financial recommendations on credit and debt products, and we’re just getting started. We are operating as a well funded and supported “startup” within Credit Karma with enormous opportunity to move fast and have high impact.
Your role will help push our solutions to a whole new level. Credit Karma is always looking for ways to do better for our users and ourselves. Our team of designers, content strategists, and researchers is growing fast, which means you’ll have impact in a creative environment and help develop best practices.
What you'll do
- Own our product area and work collaboratively with other designers, content strategists, PMs, engineers and analytics to ship products
- Create products that emotionally connect with our users
- Build a vision for your product area and help the team iterate towards it
- Drive product design process from research, wire-frames to excellent visual execution, writing effective copy, illustration, and everything in between
- Guide the work of other designers through feedback that is clear, helpful and actionable
- Help develop our brand as our product grows
What's great about it
- You will get to evangelize design thinking throughout the organization
- You will help develop our brand as our product grows
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
What we're looking for
- 5-7 years of experience with consumer products at an exceptional level of quality
- A four-year degree (or equivalent) with a preferred emphasis on Human Computer Interaction and Design
- A portfolio that displays problem solving for user needs on products that have shipped
- Experience creating tactical deliverables in the form of wireframes, user flows, and visually polished design mock-ups and/or prototypes
- A solid understanding of designing for multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android) at the same time
- Ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design decision making
- Comfortable working with and evangelising design systems, and know when to evolve
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to give and take constructive criticism
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to go from manager to user to engineer and back again
- Ability to influence other designers on our team as we grow
- A solid understanding of the practice and principles of responsive design, knowledge of the capabilities of CSS, and an awareness of cross platform issuesProficient in creative tools (Sketch, Adobe, Principle, InVision, etc), and knowledge of when to use which one
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to UKemail@example.com.