The Wing’s mission is the social, economic, professional, and civic advancement of women through community. To best support this goal, we are scaling our in-house product, design, and engineering capabilities.
This group strives to help members build meaningful connections: extending access to our growing community, creating new, impactful value propositions, and contributing to the retention, personal growth, and professional success of members everywhere.
We're seeking a mid-to-senior level Product Designer to lead the discovery, definition, and execution of digital initiatives within our Product team, with a specific focus on growth.
In this role, you will work side-by-side with product management, research, and engineering to enhance the user experience, articulate The Wing’s value proposition, reduce friction, and deliver value across our acquisition and onboarding funnel.
You’ll also serve as a key partner for The Wing’s Creative and Growth teams, translating our signature brand identity to the digital space and helping achieve core expansion goals.
Last but not least: as one of the first Product Designers at The Wing, you'll play a critical role in establishing the team's principles, process, and culture.
What You'll Do
- Work side-by-side with your squad to design new features and iterate on existing experiences in our member portal, app, & public-facing website
- Leverage and evolve the team’s toolkit, contributing to the growing system of design patterns across our product ecosystem
- Drive forward project discovery, defining user journeys, key behaviors, and core needs of prospective members
- Lead workshops and design exercises to co-create with stakeholders, identify themes and opportunities, and gather quick, actionable insights
- Define problem areas and research questions to frame contextual inquiry, user interviews, and usability testing of early concepts
- Share work-in-progress and synthesize feedback with other members of the product design team, participating in regular design critique, distributing knowledge, and providing input on others’ work
- Assist your product manager in planning, prioritizing, and tracking your design work
- Package and deliver your designs in impeccable form for implementation, buttoning up edge cases and functional requirements while regularly conversing with your engineering team
- Ensure the quality of your work is carried through to the real user experience, assisting with QA of designs in-app and in-browser
- Present and frame design recommendations to stakeholders across the company, with particular emphasis on the Executive, Growth, and Creative teams
What You'll Bring
- Experience designing for a variety of consumer-facing web products, evolving your work through idea, execution, and launch
- Familiarity working in an agile, fast-paced, and cross-functional environmentA particular knack for craft, balancing pixel-perfect visual design with strategic thinking, thoughtful interactions, and systematic, user-centric approaches to problem-solving
- A portfolio that showcases a strong track-record as an individual contributor, using your skills to level-up the UX and visual design for organizations
- Knowledge of the latest best practices, design trends, and design software, knowing your way around tools like Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Principle, Invision, Abstract, etc.
- Experience communicating your designs effectively to other disciplines, including product managers, researchers, marketers, and engineers
- Demonstrated excellence striking a balance between the near and long-term, working within constraints, prioritizing for impact, and incorporating insights and iteration into your design process
Who You Are
- An empathetic, curious spirit
- A scrappy, resourceful, “I-can-figure-this-out” mindset
- A genuine love for design
- An eagerness to learn, grow, and collaborate
- The ability to provide critique respectfully, and accept critique gracefully